• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 recset

recset
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:34 PM

Does anyone know of any ideas of applying PHP scripts to utilize Bluetooth? Basically, I would like a script to call upon a Bluetooth Device, and transfer data from an SQL database to a Bluetooth device.

I am lost, and do not know where to start.

Thanks.

#2 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

You could run system commands.

#3 mewhocorrupts

mewhocorrupts
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationParker, CO

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

Adding to the previous post, I'll assume (read as: hope) that you're using a *nix type OS for your server.  If you google your flavor along with the words "bluetooth daemon", a rather complete list of sites catering to your specific need will appear.  Admittedly, I didn't find much for Windows in the way of command lines apps, but then, I didn't look very hard in that area.

I run Fedora Core 5, and found a site http://www.mjmwired....rvices-fc5.html, wherein hcid() and hidd() were explained.

Because your question doesn't deal directly with native PHP features or modules, you may have to try a different part of the forums to get an answer.
-mewhocorrupts

#4 recset

recset
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

Mewhocorrupts,

I am actually using Win XP, i haven't really ventured out into the BSD realm. However, I will start looking for some bluetooth daemons for windows, thanks for the lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users