refresh every second

robert_gsfame

will refresh a page every second will cause some crash or error ??

cause when i try this, it sometimes display this error

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL "

this is occur when i run it in my local server. I am so worried if this might also happen when i run it online.

thx

problem still exists even when i have closed the connection using mysql_close()

actually i have 2 frames and when i update the second frame, i wish to display the updated one in the first frame either, that's why i update the 1st frame every second  :P

don't have any idea on how to refresh the first frame from the second frame.. :P

please give me some guides. thx

frames  :(

why do you use frames?

And yes, you can just make it refresh the other frame? =o

http://forums.tizag.com/showthread.php?t=2282

Look there. (shouldn't be too hard to google for this, personally never done it though)

if you provide the html and php for me, I will fix it for you.

But way smarter than refreshing a site every second o.o

To be honest, I'll help you soon as I hear a valid reason for an update every *second* - not being a dick, it's just teaching people bad habits. Nothing, requires an update every second, especially frames. You render the frame entirely useless because it updates ever second. Perhaps if you explained what it is you're trying to do ..?

This is actually the problem

i have two frames let assume this:

1st frame is for name.php which is consist of name of a person

2nd frame is detail.php which will display the detail of each chosen person

so when u click on the name, 2nd frame will display the detail.

I have something like favorite tag on the 2nd frame, so when they want to easily tag particular name to be easily memorized, they could just give a tag by clicking on the "favorite tag" button.

When they click on it, i use header() and redirect them to another page to UPDATE the record and redirect them back to detail.php

What i really want is to give some small flag symbol before each name if being "tagged" on name.php

that is why i do refresh every second... :P . seems to be very easy if not doing it in frames  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.