Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpsession_start() in /home/massmar1/pub

EZRAEL9

Can anyone help me resolve an issue i'm having with a "Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpsession_start() in /home/massmar1/public_html/gigamountz.com/messages_details.php on line 1"

I've attached the php file for your viewing.

Thanks In advance

[attachment deleted by admin]

The code does not have any white-space between the <?php tag and the session_start() statement and apparently short-open tags are enabled on your server.

The php language parser saw a short opening php tag <? followed by phpsession_start(); instead of <?php session_start();

Thanks for the input on my problem... It's resolved now, but another problem has emerged.

..........this is the error message that I'm getting now.........

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'massmar1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/massmar1/public_html/gigamountz.com/db_config/db_catagory.php on line 8

This is the only page that I'm getting this error on...!!!

Any ideas on what I should config to resolve this one as well!?!?!?!

Your database connection code is not working and since you don't have a valid database connection when the mysql_query() is being executed, it is attempting to create a connection using default values.

You would need to troubleshoot why your connection code is either not being executed or is failing to create a connection.

You would need to post your code if you want help with what it is or is not doing.

Ok here's the error that's being triggered...

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'massmar1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/massmar1/public_html/gigamountz.com/db_config/db_catagory.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/massmar1/public_html/gigamountz.com/db_config/db_catagory.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'massmar1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/massmar1/public_html/gigamountz.com/db_config/db_recommend.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/massmar1/public_html/gigamountz.com/db_config/db_recommend.php on line 8

[attachment deleted by admin]

And the problem is the same that someone already stated -

Your database connection code is not working and since you don't have a valid database connection when the mysql_query() is being executed, it is attempting to create a connection using default values.

You would need to troubleshoot why your connection code is either not being executed or is failing to create a connection.

You would need to post your code if you want help with what it is or is not doing.

It's also possible that your code is closing the database connection at some point between where it is being opened and where the queries are trying to us it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.