multiple connections using mssql_connect()

manishtyagi83

Hi everyone,

I have written a script to do multiple connections with mssql server. To accomplish this I do mssql_connect(servername, username, pass, 1) in a loop which runs 50 times. But always after 25 iterations, my script fails to make a connection. I am doing this from APTANA IDE using the php5.3.3(CGI) plugin on my desktop.

Can someone please let me know what I am missing here?

Thanks,

Manish

Thanks MrAdam for the reply!

Following is some logging information:

For 25 iterations:

I don't get any warnings and mssql_get_last_message() gives "Changed database context to 'master'"

After 25 iterations:

I start getting a warning i.e.  mssql_connect() [<a href='function.mssql-connect'>function.mssql-connect</a>]: Unable to connect to server:'server name'

and mssql_get_last_message() gives "Changed database context to 'database name'"

Thanks

This is a remote server. I am not closing the connection in same loop as the whole purpose of script was to have multiple connections open but I just tried it now and it doesn't throw that error. I am trying to get hold of someone from network team to check if there is any connection limit imposed on servers.

Thanks for the suggestion!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.