database design and range data query based on single number

OldWest

ive got a stressful one on my hands and im looking for any input or advice on where is should take this.

im working on a query system, and i need to determine the best way to set up my tables for a few of the characteristics.

my form fields are as follows:

Spouse Age: text-entry

Number of Children: text-entry

Select Effective Date (MM/DD/YYYY)  

Zip Code: text-entry

Companies: checkboxes

the main problem i am running into is each company has different plans (plans are the results of the query from the above form)..

and each company has different age ranges for each plan.

so i think my first question is (and i have not been able to find a definite answer all day on this) is there a way to search a range in mysql based on an actual range notation like: 0-19?? so that any number entered in "Age" for example, 10 ,would return true for the 0-19?

maybe i am going about this all wrong, but that's what i was looking for any advice on the best way to set this up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.