Starting from Scratch

Hi,

I'm starting PHP starting from scratch. I'll be using PHP with Apache and MySQL, EasyPHP latest version, with Dreamwearver. Where should I start?

All I know is

[!--PHP-Head--][div class=\'phptop\']PHP[/div][div class=\'phpmain\'][!--PHP-EHead--]

[span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]<?php [/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]echo [/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\"Hello World!\"[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]; [/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]?>[/span]

[/span][!--PHP-Foot--][/div][!--PHP-EFoot--] :D

All suggestions are welcome!!

I've previous programming experience in C/C++/VC++, but that was in another life time. lol.

Thanks in advance for all the help! :)

Where should I start?

That depends on what you want to do. The limit is your imagination.

Try looking through some of the tutorials here for starters, and/or read posts here that appear to relate to something that interests you.

That depends on what you want to do.  The limit is your imagination.

Try looking through some of the tutorials here for starters, and/or read posts here that appear to relate to something that interests you.

217183[/snapback]

Hi Andy,

Well, basically what I'm planning and hoping to do (got my all 10 figures crossed) is to create a site that would provide info to new comers in that city. A site where people would come to find out, for example a grocery store is and where can they go to pray and stuff.

I know people might say they can always go to google.com. I know that, but then my argument is why do they go to Amazon.com instead of going to brick and mortor store like Barnes and Nobles? :D

Thanks for your suggestion though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.