Looking for critique with suggestions or improvements

kingnathanal

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the pagination is very good, but try using some kind of thumbnail with the images (and keep the pagination) to make it load a LOT quicker. You might need some kind of logic diagram to work out how to best put a multiple folding menu tree in there or something which gives you the option to only load minimal stuff initially and then open more information on-demand as you want to find out more, rather than seeing large images right up-front.

I have a pretty good screen resolution and fast connection to the net, but they still took longer than I'd normally wait for the images to load. The chances are that if I wasn't reviewing the site, I'd probably leave.

I'm not a big fan of the large menu on the right - I just think it looks a bit 1990s (I was there and did something similar)... The menu text along with the logo seems to be out of keeping of the supper-modern feel of the feel of the site. The serif on the "E" of the logo implies "old school" but I think you're trying to go for "cool" - I would be... Try some kind of sans-serif (if you have that kind of freedom).

If you do all this and scaled down the right hand menu, took off the italics, put the highlight the same kind of colour as the car background (and changed the font colour in a similar way to how you have done it), I think you'd have a great site.

I hope this helps and if you'd like to critique my site back, there's a topic on this forum under "gerkintrigg"

Cheers,

Neil

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.