Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustinK101

PHP Book Recommendations - OO, Smarty, Eclipse

Hello, got a few gift cards at Borders and looking to buy a few PHP based books. I have already decided on one, PHPEclipse, which teachs how to use the IDE Eclipse Editor with the PHP plugin to develop code.

I am looking for something that is a good guide to OO programming in PHP 5. I have been coding in PHP for about 3 years, no OO, and would like to learn. I have experience with OO languages though, C++, C#, so I don’t want anything trival, but at the same time nothing expecting genius.

I was also looking for a book how to use the smarty template engine with PHP.

Thanks for the book recommendations.

PHP5: http://www.phptr.com/content/images/013147149X/downloads/013147149X_book.pdf
Smarty: http://www.ebooksportal.org/2006/07/30/smarty-php-template-programming-and-applications/

Hello there,

I'm interested in some PHP/MySQL complet book. From the begining to advanced. Any sugestions.
Also, I want it to be new, since PHP/MySQL has evoled, books from 2005 are old :)

Sugestions?

THanks

pet all the old books are the best beleve me but also there are some real good books read all the new dummie books then move on.

the php.net manual what can be downloaded free is one of the best programming friend ever ok.

hey. I know the manual. I use it :)

I'm just looking for a friendly book that will explain stuff to me. What that is bad, why that is good
how to do that, etc.

look on amazon for the php/mysql for dummies it will help ok also there are thousands on amazon ok.