search a html page

hyster

i have a html page which is derived from an excel spreedsheet.

is it possable to use php to search the page and pull a row of data from it and store them as $vars ? sort of treat it as a database.

if so can you point me in the right direction. i tryed google with no luck.

cheers

You can export your excel spreadsheet as a CSV file, and then use PHP to parse through it, grabbing what it wants, and ignoring what it doesn't. Don't ask me how to do that, I just know that it can be done lol.

Other than that, I'm not sure there is much else that can be done.

Denno

Are you able to use something other than an html file? Saving it as a tab delimited file and reading it into a 2 dimensional array is probably your easiest bet - but it really depends on what you are trying to do. Hell, if you have WAMP setup and Navicat, you can just import it into a mysql table and go from there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.