Zend Framework :: date on one line with timezone set?

OsvaldoM

Hey everyone,

if there is one thing i don't like about Zend Framework is that the date functions are a bit confusing and that it takes a few lines to tackle down what i really need... so i was making this line of code:

$date = Zend_Date::now()->get('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss', 'Europe/Vienna');

but i realized it never gets me the timezone i wanted... This doesn't work either:

$date = Zend_Date::now()->setTimezone('Asia/Kabul')->get('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss');

Do note this never throws an exception, it outputs the correct time (local) but it's unable to change the timezone of the now() constant.

I've been able to change the timezone with multiple lines of code for now(), but i can't seem to get it on just one...

Is it possible to do it on just one line? or is it just me being lazy?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

According to the documentation get() doesn't except a format argument, so I'm not sure why your passing it one, it's second argument is a local also, not a timezone.

It's been a long while since Ive bothered with Zend, but looking at the docs it seems that ....

$date = Zend_Date::now()->setTimezone('Asia/Kabul');

should be all you need.

Don't know what happened... but i tried this again today, and it worked perfectly. Probably one of those weird cookie/cache errors was making my script display the local date as i originally had it.

$date = Zend_Date::now()->setTimezone('US/Eastern')->get('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss');

That works perfectly as stated by thorpe, hope this helps someone out...

Thanks 4 the reply.

And yeah, i format the date via the get function (You ought to never really trust Zend's docs, they are in lack of a ton of info)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.