What are some free ways to advertise my website?

chmpdog

1. I use silent advertising. Join a forum that is related to your site. When someone that wants something, post a link to the relevant page of your site. For example I have a php site, and when someone asks a question that I have on my site, instead of copying and pasting the code to the forum I post a link to the page.

My site now get 150 - 200 unique visitors per day.

2. send Google  your site map so it can easily index your site. Add meta tags (description, keywords) to your site, but don't put spam in the keywords or description, because Google may mark your site as a spam site and rank you lower. Basically try to get your site as high as possible on Google/Yahoo/Bing (The big 3). Most other search engines pull their data from those three.

3. Word of mouth (Self explanatory), tell people about your site.

4. Make use of "Website Critique". Don't advertise, but ask for suggestions on how to make your site better, and take their suggestions.

5. Make a Facebook page for your site.

6. Post in a web directory such as http://www.dmoz.org/

1. I use silent advertising. Join a forum that is related to your site. When someone that wants something, post a link to the relevant page of your site. For example I have a php site, and when someone asks a question that I have on my site, instead of copying and pasting the code to the forum I post a link to the page.

Too many of these and mods / admins will remove the links because they smell of spam.

• 1 year later...