Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjlogan

Email attachments + AAT######.txt

Whenever I send an email through the function below, I always end up with the attachment and a blank text file name something usually like ATT32638491.txt. These are always blank. I am current using Outlook, but the emails will be sent to many people using many different programs.

Anybody notice anything obvious?

[code=php:0]

function xmail($email_address,$email_from,$from_name,$subject,$msg,$attach_filepath) {
$b = 0;
$mail_attached = "";
$boundary = md5(uniqid(time(),1))."_xmail";
if (count($attach_filepath)>0) {
if ($fp = fopen($attach_filepath,"rb")) {
$file_name = basename($attach_filepath);
$content = fread($fp,filesize($attach_filepath));
$mail_attached .= "--".$boundary."\r\n"
."Content-Type: image/jpeg; name=\"$file_name\"\r\n"
. "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\r\n"
. "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"$file_name\"\r\n\r\n"
.chunk_split(base64_encode($content))."\r\n";
fclose($fp);
}
$mail_attached .= "--".$boundary." \r\n";
$add_header ="MIME-Version: 1.0\r\nContent-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=\"$boundary\"";
$mail_content = "--".$boundary."\r\n"
. "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed\r\n"
. "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\r\n\r\n"
. $msg."\r\n\r\n".$mail_attached;
return mail($email_address,$subject,$mail_content,"From: $from_name <$email_from>\r\n$add_header","$email_from");
} else {
return mail($email_address,$subject,$msg,"From: ".$from_name."<".$email_from.">");
}
}

[/code]

For what you are doing why not download a php email class like the one below. Very easy to use and will put your attachements in no problem.

http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/

Because I have the function there setup perfectly to work on mulitple pages in multiple files, it works perfectly apart from one this, the random AAT######.txt text file that is added (something to do with incorrect formatting).

I don't really want to have to change over many files to intergrate a new class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.