deleting a record through an image button

ashrafzia

I wanna delete a record through an image button, and after clicking the delete image button i am displaying a confirmation message "Are you sure you want to delete record?". Here after delete i want to print the value that's entered in the textbox and the message should become like this :
"Are you sure you want to delete [b]jhon[/b] record?"
I am passing the values through a hyperlink to the image button and i dont understand how to pass the textbox value to the hyperlink on runtime.

The hyperlink is code is below:
Here i dont understand what to write after &name="". I have just entered a dummy value there.
[code]<a onclick=\"return confirm('".$sure."');\" href=student.php?action=del&name=".$row['name']."><input type='image' src='images/deletestudent.gif'></a>[/code]

As i told before i want to generate dynamic value in &name="". And that value should come as i type in the textbox. I will defenetly use $_GET OR $_POST in case if i am submitting a form or reading values from the table.
I do know that its not possible like this what i am doing. I just wanna know is there an alternate which i can use?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.