Users Avatar

Maknib

Hi guys,

im just trying to work out an app in my head and on paper. im just wondering..

when a user registers they can choose an Avatar 100px by 100px jpg, when they upload one would i then grab the file and store all Avatars in a avatar image folder and rename it to something like.. avatar[user_id].jpg and keep them all in the same folder.

or

would i crate a folder called users, each user gets their own folder with files like avatar.jpg and it finds the [user_id] folder and pulls the avatar out from that, or is there a more prefered method?

cheers

ah i see thanks.

yes i was going to use extrnal links or upload images (with a max size of course)

just playing around trying to get it all working getting my head around PHP. so much fun. one i have it working i'm going to try to convert it into a MVC structure. :)

sounds difficult haha, i think i'll just stick to upload image must be under thisMany/kb and then just resize to 100px 100px

i'm guessing i could use CSS to say image must be 100 x 100 (or say image will resize to

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.