Little Advice

thechris

Hey Everybody,

I'm working on a site that I can upload my videos to and allow others to download them (as long as they are registered), I have my layout I just need to get into the coding but i'm not sure how I should go about making my tables for my database. In specific I don't know how I would do my video database should i have the video in the database as a LONGBLOB or is there a better way to handle the video. I would like to upload the video from a page that only I can access when logged on.

Thanks,
Chris

I should move this... but... whatever.

Don't store your files in the database.  It's inefficient.  Create a directory on the server for your videos and store them there.  In the database, store records referring to the name and location of the files you're storing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.