mailto ref in echo text

bladechob

I've finally got this echo to work in a file but I need the email address to be ahref mailto linked. When I add the required bits in the echo it fails to function so I'm probably apply it in the wrong area. Can anyone help please? The current code string is:

[code] if (!$num)
echo "<font color=\"white\">We are sorry but the dates you have selected are either being provisionally held or not available. Please select another date range or contact Selina Brady on 0870 770 4032 or email info@southernsunresorts.co.uk"[/code]

What I'm doing is:

[code] if (!$num)
echo "<font color=\"white\">We are sorry but the dates you have selected are either being provisionally held or not available. Please select another date range or contact Selina Brady on 0870 770 4032 or email <a href="mailto:info@southernsunresorts.co.uk.">info@southernsunresorts.co.uk.</a>"; [/code] Thanks

You need to escape the quotes...

[code]
echo "<font color=\"white\">We are sorry but the dates you have selected are either being provisionally held or not available. Please select another date range or contact Selina Brady on 0870 770 4032 or email <a href=\"mailto:info@southernsunresorts.co.uk\">info@southernsunresorts.co.uk.</a>";

[/code]

Regards
Huggie

WHy dont you use PHP to send the email? PHP can send emails. So why not create a link which send the user to your contact page if you ahve one.

Also the problem is you need to escape your double quotes in the string. Like you dont with this:
[code]<font color=\"white\">We are sorry but the d...[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.