MotoHD.com

BK87

Need some criticism.  Site is not 100% functional yet, although about 10% left to do.  Anyway

Things you should know. Uploads work, although video conversion is not automatic! (because currently looking for some of the top mimetype to support, so upload away!)  Search not fully working!

Currently on a 1gige port, speed seems to be nice =D

Also, all videos that have a bike number #911 or a funky colored suit.  (green/red/yellow) thats is actually ME! (http://www.motohd.com/watch/S5Kb7lkpi7/) just skip to about 1:30 =D

http://www.motohd.com

Thanks fellas! 

Agreed with ignace on preloading the images.

I think the footer needs something to help tie it in. The bottom (well, most of the content area too) seems very blah with just a standard white. Perhaps add a light texture and defined footer?

BTW - you've got some balls. I doubt I'll ever take my bike to the track ;)

I think looks and works just fine. I like it.

Watched your entire run too.

As for the white, most video hosts quickly see that the bandwidth is crucial, so less crap to load the better, examples would be wisevid and zshare, I remember wisevid was all sleek and fancy, they changed that in a hurry.

Agreed with ignace on preloading the images.

I think the footer needs something to help tie it in. The bottom (well, most of the content area too) seems very blah with just a standard white. Perhaps add a light texture and defined footer?

BTW - you've got some balls. I doubt I'll ever take my bike to the track ;)

=D Believe it or not... Track is safer.  Although its very addicting.

I think looks and works just fine. I like it.

Watched your entire run too.

As for the white, most video hosts quickly see that the bandwidth is crucial, so less crap to load the better, examples would be wisevid and zshare, I remember wisevid was all sleek and fancy, they changed that in a hurry.

Thanks! =D

This design is about 3 years old.  I started this site although never finished it due to college.  Got some energy to sit down and try to finish it.  I'm focusing on video quality and not too much worried about the footer and how it looks. (I've updated some video quality settings for future videos) I'm expecting this site to be somewhat popular among the motorcycle community although not as big as youtube.  Although who knows. =D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.