Command Line Tool Problem

ibuprofen

After making sure I had the correct php.ini file using phpinfo(), I opened it and inserted the path to the framework library, restarted apache and verified the new include_path was loaded via phpinfo().

Below is my include_path. I'll move the library somewhere else when I can finally get this to work. The error says I need to tell the command line tool where to find the library and as far as I know I've done that. No dice. Any ideas?

include_path = ".:/Library/WebServer/Documents/var/www/ZendFramework/library:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php"

When I type zf in Terminal, this is the error:

***************************** ZF ERROR ********************************

In order to run the zf command, you need to ensure that Zend Framework

is inside your include_path.  There are a variety of ways that you can

ensure that this zf command line tool knows where the Zend Framework

library is on your system, but not all of them can be described here.

The easiest way to get the zf command running is to give it the include

path via an environment variable ZEND_TOOL_INCLUDE_PATH or

ZEND_TOOL_INCLUDE_PATH_PREPEND with the proper include path to use,

then run the command "zf --setup".  This command is designed to create

a storage location for your user, as well as create the zf.ini file

that the zf command will consult in order to run properly on your

system. 

Example you would run:

$ ZEND_TOOL_INCLUDE_PATH=/path/to/library zf --setup

Your are encourged to read more in the link that follows.

Zend_Tool & CLI Setup Information

(available via the command line "zf --info")

* Home directory found in environment variable HOME with value /Users/myHome

* Storage directory assumed in home directory at location /Users/myHome/.zf/

* Storage directory does not exist at /Users/myHome/.zf/

* Config file assumed in home directory at location /Users/myHome/.zf.ini

* Config file does not exist at /Users/myHome/.zf.ini

To follow up on my own post, this is what I'm doing. The book I have says to move the contents of the /library to a path inside my include_path list which is:

.:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/php

The contents of the /library folder are a single folder called Zend. So, I moved this to /usr/lib/php, restart Apache and still receive the error in my previous post when I type zf in terminal.

Every time I try to install Zend I run into a problem I have not the skills to solve.

If you're using a command line, you shouldn't have to restart Apache as they are independent and the command line PHP can read changes from the .ini file instantly when you run it again...  This is one of the problems I have with frameworks - the way the include files...  Hopefully someone can help you with this as it is a pretty common issue, but I don't have a firm answer for you.

Also - technically you can put the Zend library anywhere and set the include to that, just add a new :/path/to/Zend/library  to the include_path line.  For example, here's one of mine:

include_path = ".:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/home/drummer/public_html/includes/youtube/ZendGdata-1.10.1/library"

I'm done with Zend, this is the third time I've messed with it and never even achieved a successful install. What makes me mad is how easy it's •supposed• to be. It's only easy if you're already an expert. I'm an end user, not a programmer. Growl.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.