A better redirect instead of header("")

President Obama

I don’t recommend, for example, using header() to bounce your users around to different pages; there are better methods that reduce the number of page loads and give the user a more fluid experience.

http://tinsology.net/2009/06/creating-a-secure-login-system-the-right-way/

Thats where I saw it.

..and while doing things like this try to remember accessibility. Have a fallback in case people don't have javascript enabled. As a major benefit, consider a complex filter/sort page which lends itself to being filtered and sorted by nature (like an online store). Using ajax, this entire process can be contained in a single page view without any refresh. Adds to a very seamless user experience.

I really think ajax will be used on almost every website in the future. Gives you that 'desktop application' feeling.

I don’t recommend, for example, using header() to bounce your users around to different pages; there are better methods that reduce the number of page loads and give the user a more fluid experience.

http://tinsology.net/2009/06/creating-a-secure-login-system-the-right-way/

Thats where I saw it.

in the same article the author explain his point of view:

In the example, when a user registers the script that processes the information is called register.php, while the script that contains the form is called register_form.php. If the user fails to input a certain field then they are bounced back to register_form.php. This is a waste of bandwidth and time. register.php and register_form.php should both be the same script. For example

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.