It's miscellaneous so spiritual

Ninjakreborn

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=109964.msg443695#msg443695 date=1159539289]
Something changed inside of me last night.  I am not the same person, I am someone different.  I wanted to offer a bit of general advice, if you find yourself stuck even on something small, pray about it, you will noticed a difference in the amount of time it takes you to fix that problem.
[/quote]
i find it hard to believe that you're a different person, as that one fits in nicely with your other collection of philosphies, ethics and random thoughts ;)

on a serious note though, i'm sure there's a relevent point to be discussed here. many times i get stuck on the little, easy things which only frustrate me and hold things up. i normally try the tried and tested "move onto something else and come back" approach, but often this doesnt always work. aside from praying, what do people generally do when they get stuck?

People have different things they do.  I sometimes get frustrated, sit there, and do nothing, all day, all work day, do nothing.  Some people I would expect get frustrated and cry, some end up breaking(and having to rebuy) there computers.  Some seek help, and some don't know what to do.  Some just pray, and learn and pray, and learn.  Maybe some people out there have some ideas on what they can do when they are stuck, for me I start praying after a minute.  Other things, are the helpful people here, and you can search code a kruggle.com I think it was or fruggle.com that was something someone gave me for you to view source code, what do you do, when you get stuck

Getting frustrated, crying, breaking your computer (getting aggressive) are all poor ways of handling problems. You should refocus yourself (have a snack, refresh with a shower), and then define the problem you have. Now do some brainstorming of ideas and try to find a resolution you've overlooked, if this is to no avail then extend your thought pattern to go further outside the box, not forgetting to look in it for a simple solution which you may of missed. If you're all out of ideas then move onto google and search for a solution relating to your problem. If the problem still stands then take it to a forum and express it clearly, covering it entirely, and avoid writing it in ways that can cause misinterpretation.

Personally, being an atheist I don't pray or anything of the like. [b]In my opinion[/b], praying is just a physiological effect applied to the mind to inconspicuously trick it into believing you can do it. It's a way of reiterating yourself with more hope (that already existed within your subconscious) which enlightens yourself with more confidence. Furthermore, you may feel like you can now accomplish new things, or feel as you've regained a new perspective and you're now a "new person".

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=109964.msg443740#msg443740 date=1159542919]
sit there, and do nothing, all day, all work day, do nothing.
[/quote]
I think it's fair to say, that is quite a waste of time. Sitting around won't help you "find yourself", or help you solve the problem your stuck on. If anything, it'd be best to get someone else to help you with the problem. I'm going to assume you've done this more than once, if so, assuming you used that time developing another project you could of achieved quite a considerable amount of work, which you've instead just sat there. With no intention of being rude, or flaming, if you find yourself sitting there, remind yourself that dwelling on the problem won't help, and do something about it.

---
Note, I'm only 17 (for 9 days now) and properly lack experience in many situations. Though, I have come across numerous problems when coding, and in life, and have never found myself to dwell over them for more than 20 minutes without doing something about it. (With the exception of the death of my friend earlier this year, though, there wasn't really much I could do anyway :-\)

I apologize for the death of your friend, and I wish it hadn't of happened, and I hope your okay.  About the athiesm, I would advise you to consider christianity for a weak, I think you would be happy.  As far as the anger thing, those were just examples, yes unfortunately I find myself messing around when I get stuck, but I am trying to change that, and do something different, I appreciate the advice, and again I a apologize for your friend what happened.

I try to retain an unbiased view on all religions, and keep an optimistic perspective on them. I've considered Christianity many times, on many levels, and on all occasions still cannot conform with it's beliefs. I see humans as an organism like every other creature on earth, obviously, we have evolved to a much greater extent, but not because we were created by a god. I'm happy with who I am, what I am, and maintain a positive attitude towards life as I have goals I aim to achieve, and by lowering myself, I cannot reach them. By human instinct, whilst we wish to stay alive, our body will do anything it can to continue to function.

I hope that in the future we'll discover more about the human body (namely, the brain), and can start proving and understanding exactly how our brain works, without having theorize.

The forum seemed to have just experienced some downtime, so I was unable to get my post through. Anyway, I don't mind discussing it.

The story isn't clear, and properly never will be (police are still looking into it). But in brief, he was completely wasted (drunk) and a mix up of friends going different places, thinking he went with others, etc. Ended up leaving him at the train station by himself where he fell off the platform and was hit by an oncoming train. (The police have footage of it from the train station security camera(s).)

The most tragic part is that the police recommended to his parents against seeing the body, due to the state it was in, and later that morning there were about 5 fire trucks hosing down the platform. :( Though, I guess at least it was an instant death, and he suffered no pain.

I had personally known him since I was about 2, and had grown up with him until about 8, before I moved to Hornsby, but I then saw and knew him again passively throughout high school until he dropped out last year (upon completion of year 10).

http://notices.smh.com.au/death/20114/notice.aspx

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.