if/else based on $numrows with a condition...is it possible?

cerebrus189

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to use the $numrows boolean parameter where $numrows = 0 and meets a condition.

For instance, my code is set up to check for classes where $numrows>0 and then displays the classes. If $numrows < 1, it echoes a message saying there are no classes available and to call the training department. I would like to redirect one of the classes to another link by using a strpos function to search for the classname within the URL. As I understand it, I would have to embed it in the else part of the statement if it's at all possible.

Here's what I have so far.

if ($numrows > 0)
{
  echo "<p align=\"left\" class=\"style2 style4\">Click in the check box next to the date for which you would like to register: </p>";
  echo "<p align=\"left\" class=\"style2 style4\">" . $_GET['classname'] . "</p>";
  echo "<table width=100% style=\"color:#FFFFFF\">";
  echo "<th></th>";
  echo "<th>Date</th>";
  echo "<th>Time</th>";
  echo "<th>Location</th>";
  echo "<th>Instructor</th>";
  while ($results = mysql_fetch_array($rs)){
      echo "<tr>";
      echo "<td><input type=\"radio\" name=\"checkbox\" value=\"" . $results['date'] . "|" . $results['time'] . "|" . $results['location'] . "|" . $results['instructor'] . "|" .   $results['course'] . "\"" . "></td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['date'] . "</td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['time'] . "</td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['location'] . "</td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['instructor'] . "</td>";
      echo "</tr>";
  }
  echo "</table>";
}
elseif (strpos($_REQUEST['classname'], "BloodBorne Pathogens Video"));
{	
echo "Bloodborne Pathogens is exclusively offered online. Please <a href=../training/online_courses/Bloodborne/BB.html>click here</a> to take the course.";
}
else
{
echo "Please call the training department as there are no classes scheduled at this time."
}

Please let me know if this is even possible or if I'm off my rocker. I'm fairly new to the PHP world but not a newb :)

Thanks a bunch for your time!

I figured it out with that little snippet of code added in. Here's the final code.

if ($numrows > 0)
{
  echo "<p align=\"left\" class=\"style2 style4\">Click in the check box next to the date for which you would like to register: </p>";
  echo "<p align=\"left\" class=\"style2 style4\">" . $_GET['classname'] . "</p>";
  echo "<table width=100% style=\"color:#FFFFFF\">";
  echo "<th></th>";
  echo "<th>Date</th>";
  echo "<th>Time</th>";
  echo "<th>Location</th>";
  echo "<th>Instructor</th>";
  while ($results = mysql_fetch_array($rs)){
      echo "<tr>";
      echo "<td><input type=\"radio\" name=\"checkbox\" value=\"" . $results['date'] . "|" . $results['time'] . "|" . $results['location'] . "|" . $results['instructor'] . "|" .   $results['course'] . "\"" . "></td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['date'] . "</td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['time'] . "</td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['location'] . "</td>";
      echo "<td class=\"style11\">" . $results['instructor'] . "</td>";
      echo "</tr>";
  }
  echo "</table>";
}
else
{if (strpos($_REQUEST['classname'], "BloodBorne Pathogens Video") !== false){
		echo "Bloodborne Pathogens is exclusively offered online. Please <a href=../training/online_courses/Bloodborne/BB.html>click here</a> to take the course.";
	}
else
{
		echo "Please call the training department.";}
	}

Archived