[SOLVED] What do you think of these logo's for my new design, Which one is the best.

Ninjakreborn

If you study design, learn it, and focus on it for ages you'll eventually be able to do some decent stuff. I think it's more than fair to say that your not naturally talented with design, so it will take you longer to learn it and you'll never probably never reach a stage where you design "outstanding" works.

As your much better as a programmer, we're suggesting you focus on that and get someone else to do your designing. Based on the time you'll save doing it this way, you'll be able to complete projects faster, even pay your designer, and overall make more money.

Many business owners can do their accounting, but they get an accountant to do it. Because the accountant may cost $50/hour and it takes 4 hours. Yet, you may be able to do it yourself in 3 hours, but because you could make more than $200 in those 3 hours doing what you're best at, you don't do the accounting.

Also, as for those 5 sites you posted on the previous page, none of them attain a "professional" look, other than the [url=http://www.moondancedesign.com/]moon dance[/url] one.

In short: Just focus on what your best at to produce maximum output. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. Some examples of logos are Google, or, Yahoo!
They are simple and not much too them...
If you look at neopets... 'www.neopets.com'
they just have 'Neopets *star*'
simple yet good.
Google, they just have 'Google' in differnet colors, it looks good.
and, yahoo is in red.

Try doing something like 'FB' ... nothing big.

in fact, i'm feeling generous today, so i'll post this link yet again...sigh...

http://www.peterjones.tv/index.cfm

look at the logo. look at the colours. look at the style. forget the flash, because i hate flash and its nothing to do with what i'm trying to reinforce here.

professional, entrepreneurial, business, call it what you want. this site has the "feel" that you want.

This is probably what I should ask instead of avoiding it.  How should I gauge it.  I know someone did that logo for me, and I have him doing other work for me, after I get organized, but I am still leanring enough to do layouts, logo'sand stuff like that, he did that logo, and I liked it.

As far as simple difficult.  What should I use as a guideline to determine simple.

Like with text, so you mean stuff like maybe FB, or making the F, and b a wierd font then having reelance, and usinessman after those.
WOuld simple have anything to do with filters.
Or things like associating simple,basic pictures, with your name, or something similar.

not even just the logo. the whole "feel" of the site.

on another note, for the last 2 days youve got another chap doing logos whilst your site remains the same. 2 days = 20 hours = lots of cash. why not put some of these posts into practice whilst you let the other chap worry about your logos?

[quote]not even just the logo. the whole "feel" of the site.

on another note, for the last 2 days youve got another chap doing logos whilst your site remains the same. 2 days = 20 hours = lots of cash. why not put some of these posts into practice whilst you let the other chap worry about your logos?[/quote]
No comment
[quote]http://btcartoons.com/rt/6.png
http://btcartoons.com/rt/7.png
http://btcartoons.com/rt/8.png[/quote]
I will email you in a minute, I like all of those too.

no comment? c'mon we're all friends here  ;D

as for the logos - they can safely be called logos. however they may not have the right 'feel'.

koolaidman52, just for a test - try and model those logos on the link I posted. i.e, post the F and the B overlapping (topleft/bottomright) with freelance businessman on the right of it, a line per word. if you have any 'posh' fonts, try them.

take into account that as the colours are bright red and blue, the rest of the site will perhaps have to be based around those colours too. maybe darken them slightly

Well I am actually a lot closer than I was, I rewrote almost all the content on the site, and he is helping me with logo, and layout.  I might finally be on my way to something.

I will redo everything in about 9 months or a year, after i know how to do some of the graphic elements, but until then, all of this is going to help business a lot.

I am not sure, I can't say I am, but I am also considering chaning to something else as suggested, I am not 100% sure yet, it was suggested a few times, maybe freelance, web developer, or something, I might keep the one I have, but I am not sure yet.

[quote author=redbullmarky link=topic=109986.msg446348#msg446348 date=1159911197]
forget the flash, because i hate flash and its nothing to do with what i'm trying to reinforce here.
[/quote]

I hate Flash, particularly Flash 8... people just love to discriminate against Linux users. Either that or it's Macromedia/Adobe that's doing the discriminating. I haven't made up my mind on that.

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=109986.msg446368#msg446368 date=1159912532]
I would have said, but in another post obsidian told me it's best not to post how much someone is getting paid.
[/quote]

Hmm... I don't recall anybody asking how much you or someone else is getting paid, but rather asking why you're wasting time with this and not working on something productive. Let koolaidman manage the graphics, you work on the programming. Division of labor, friend... it's the idea that got the auto industry where it is today.

Ok, currently I am rewriting content, but I can't start on my actual site yet.
I am working on 3 concurrent projects, and 2 of them I am already falling behind on.

Once I open up some time, I am taking about a week or 2 to start on the design, and layout.  I was just getting ideas from him, I will still be coding/programming/content writing.

I will actually eventually be doing my own graphic design work, I was going to wait on the entire design, but thanks to koolaid man's help maybe I can get it up and running, then I can go ahead and finish my studying on those, and redo it in about 6 months to a year, but it can be something worth looking at until then at least.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.