ZF and MSSQL

ajlisowski

Hey guys. I am trying to connect a ZF application with mssql. I believe I am unable to do so because I do not have pdo-dblib installed on my linux box. We are using redhat 5 with php 5.2.14. It seems almost impossible to find a way to install pdo-dblib on this system. Every package we find requires a custom php-common file which my system admin says would mean we would have to install about 14 other packages to maybe get things working.

I feel like I am missing something. I am not 100% sure what a PDO is. I got the standard mssql calls working from linux, but not pdo-mssql or pdo-dblib. What are my options here? Should I just write a series of classes to use the standard mssql calls? Can anyone explain how a PDO works or why it is needed? Is there a way to use ZF db functions without the mssql pdo? Any help would be great.

Have you considered ODBC as an option? (http://php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-odbc.php) Not sure if you have something like unixODBC already installed (http://www.unixodbc.org/) ... if not, maybe you could talk to your administrator? Although getting that going isn't an simple task either. I hate to mention it, but is there any possibility of deploying on a Windows box?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.