JPGRAPH installation

Hi guys,

Im developing a php application at the moment. Ive reached the stage where I’d like to create some graphs based on the data in the database. From my research I notice that jpgraph is 1 of the recommended tools. I’ve tried to install this program but imp getting the following error when I try to configure php.ini "access denied".

Does anyone know what the error means??

My other question is whether I am installing jpgraph correctly. I’m using xampp and place the jpgraph folder in the htdocs folder in xampp. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help guys.

Thanks gristoi: u were right, it was a permissions issue. I thought i had turned the write permission on but wen i checked again due to ur advice i noticed that that was not enabled. Thanks for fixing that issue! Really appreciate it.

My second question (as outlined in orginal post) is how to correctly install JPGraph with xampp?????

Considering jpGraph is a simple PHP library. it doesn't need installing as such. Just put it in a directory somewhere and then include the necessary files into your own code.

The best place to put jpGraph is probably somewhere on your php include_path. You can see what your include_path is by either checking your php.ini file, or by executing a script containing....

<?php echo get_include_path(); ?>

Thanks for the comment. i did what you said and i found that the php include_path is.;\xampp\php\PEAR. Therefore, i put my jpgraph into the PEAR folder.The resulting path was .;\xampp\php\PEAR\jpgraph . is this correct???? i included this path in my php.ini file also. Therefore i think i have done all i need to do to install jpgraph. Sorry for all the questions but im new to php.Thansk for any help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.