Photo

Layout Code: ALWAYS Have Left Panel!??!??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JustinMs66@hotmail.com

JustinMs66@hotmail.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:46 AM

i'm gunna make a website and i always want the top, left, and rite side to always be there. like if i clicked on a link, it would open INSIDE that box. how would i do that?

#2 AndyB

AndyB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:56 AM

Step 1: read what this forum is for - http://www.phpfreaks...c,107784.0.html

You'll notice your question is posted in the wrong forum, so I'll move it in a moment.

Step 2: depending on your inclination/preference, solve your problem with php includes, or html includes, or html frames.
Legend has it that reading the manual never killed anyone.
My site

#3 FrOzeN

FrOzeN
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

Use the target attribute in your links to determine which frame (box?) you wish the link to show in.

<a href="location.html" target="frame1">Link 1</a><br />
<iframe src="default.html" name="frame1" width="500" height="500">Your browser doesn't support frames.</iframe>

#4 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:30 PM

Use the target attribute in your links to determine which frame (box?) you wish the link to show in.

<a href="location.html" target="frame1">Link 1</a><br />
<iframe src="default.html" name="frame1" width="500" height="500">Your browser doesn't support frames.</iframe>

ugh... no, no, no, no and again i say NO... please, let's not go backwards into the use of frames... andyB has the right of it in his suggestion.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#5 JustinMs66@hotmail.com

JustinMs66@hotmail.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

iFrames have that crappy border and stuff.

i want it to do it like any php-fusion or php-nuke website. example:
http://infernalalliance.com/news.php

so your saying i should use php-includes? that will simply put it below the current text... atleast when i do it. how do i get it in the middle?

#6 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

Nothing wrong with IFRAMEs... and they don't even have to be visible... but that's probably not what you're looking for here.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#7 JustinMs66@hotmail.com

JustinMs66@hotmail.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

..no. like i said i want it to embed with php. i dunno why that dude moved this to "HTML" forum. it's supposed to be PHP.

#8 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

When you say "embed in PHP", you mean in the .php file... but it's still HTML that you're rendering.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users