Which is the best cms/application/framework for a collaborative website?

avvllvva

Hi All,

I just want to know, which will be the best  cms/application/framework for a multi-user collaborative website?

[lets say, Magento for ecommerce solution]

Following is my requirement:-

For example, Admin can start a topic(maybe a online course study material), and he will allow to view only few members, so that members can read/study and post their comments about it and they can share files among them, and ask questions to Admin, and submit a report to admin.

Finally Admin can ask for report to each members and can perform an exam on it.

So from your understanding, what cms/framework you will suggest for help me to implementing this.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure which CMS systems already support these functionalities, maybe: Dokeos or Moodle? The assignment seems simple to me so you could write it in PHP without using a framework. Actually I would advise you to use a framework only when you absolutely have to, like when your application has to be portable across multiple RDBMS vendors. You could write this yourself of course but framework's were created to save time.

I think what you want is something like basecamp, but with exams. Basecamp, if you didn't know, is a project colab too - you can share files, create timelines, create to-do lists, assign tasks ect. See if this list of basecamp alternatives doesn't help you out: http://pm-sherpa.com/features/basecamp-alternatives/

But like ignace said, it isn't that hard to do in straight PHP if you got a couple weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.