Trouble installing PEAR

kostakondras

I am attempting to install PEAR however am very confused and I believe I have stuffed up something from which it will be very complicated to come back from.

Firstly, for some reason I have the C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\go-pear.bat installation file, but I also have the C:\PHP\go-pear.bat installation file. Which one do I choose? And is the C:\PHP direcotry left over from an old installation. I have no idea.

Further to that, I ran the go-pear.bat installation from the C:\PHP directory, I have a feeling this was the wrong decision. After installing everything it stated that it had updated my php.ini file, however this file was in the wrong directory and so I took the updated lines from the php.ini which put in a a new include_path and pasted them into the php.ini file in the C:\wamp... directory.

Now when I go to the command prompt and type in pear here is the message I get:

PHP_PEAR_PHP_BIN is not set correctly.

Please fix it using your environment variable or modify the default value in pear.bat

The current value is:

.\php.exe

I have followed a remedy to this which is included here: http://www.pear-forum.org/topic2413.html

However still to no avail. I am further confused why I have a C:\PHP folder and why it is seperate from my WAMP folder.

Further to that, when I try to install PEAR from my WAMP folder and click on C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\go-pear.bat I get the following error message:

phar "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\go-pear.phar" does not have a signaturePHP warning require_once(phar://go-pear.phar/index.php>: failed to open stream: phar error: invalid url or non-existent phar "phar://go-pear.phar/index.php" in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\go-pear.phar n line 1236

(and another message that looks very similar)

-----

Note: the installation instructions I am following are located here > http://trac.symfony-project.org/wiki/HowToInstallPearOnWindowsWithWamp

------

So basically I am stuck. Why is it so difficult to install PEAR and how do I simply get it working?

• 2 weeks later...

PEAR 1.x installer is a bit messy. The C:\PHP directory is probably a rubbish from some previous installations. I'd recommend switching to the installation directory with "cd" and then executing "go-pear.phar", because otherwise there could be a problem with working directory paths.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.