want to upgrade

ricmetal

hey guys

i made this php application without any kind of specific framework....it started out a just a little website for a friend, but i kinda want to try and upgrade it to create an app i can sell.

for this, i want to add a language setting so users can navigate the app with their desired language.

i looked up the MVC framework because i've been modding OpenCart, but it looks too complex to learn just for what i need.

so, i ask, is their any easier way to setting up a language setting thing, preferably as lite as possible.

?

my app is divided into single php pages, connected through href links solely.

OpenCart uses something, that, depending on a language setting it loads a different php page filled with variables like so:

$_['text_no_reviews']     = 'There are no reviews for this product.';

so, if your language for the app is english it loads that php file filled with variabes containing text in english.

i want to do something similar.

i want to have a php file with all the text to be used throughout the application in English, and call it from each php page i am at.

i don't how to make myself clearer because i myself and not a hardcore coder. like the avatar sub title says: 'enthusiast'

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.