• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

It's not something really important, but people with red usernames are admins, blue usernames are mods, then what are purple usernames (see attachment)?

[attachment deleted by admin]

#2 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:23 PM

Users with purple usernames are in the Guru member group.
There are also green usernames. Users with green usernames are in the Super Guru member group.

No member in these groups have any special privallages. Unless your username is blue or red.

#3 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

Hmmm, never noticed that. Is it something recently added?

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:11 PM

It's probably been like that since the beginning when SMF was installed. The reason why nobody's really noticed until now (I just recently noticed him too) is because if you do a members search, you will see that out of all the members here, there are only 9 people actually in the guru post count range, and out of those 9 people, only 2 of them are not a mod, so their post count class is not over-ridden.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users