Can the following, by any of you, be programmed in 2 days.
I was looking at around a week.
I built all the programming behind www.thecampussource.com in 2 weeks, the design isn't great, but it' has a huge backend/programming.
It took me 2 weeks, I was figuring I was knowing my programming by now, he said he programmed a lot in the past, I don't doubt it, but he said he refused to believe this was difficult in any way.
Am I missing something or is he missing something
Here is the rough plan I sent him, he said it would take 2 days to program.
Ok, here is a run down so you can understand what all I am doing
1. Homepage- This has no programming (subpage contact us), basic programming to validate and email the form to your email address.
2. User registration(domain authorization) system. This is going to be pretty straightforward, in order to have easy error handling througout the process, I am registering sessions throughout that whole process, so the orders go smoothly, then I can easily have my program memorize the idea behind the template that was chosen, and how to work with that template when the time comes.
3. I have 1 sign up page, they choose there username, verify username, password, verifypassword, emailaddress, verify email address, requested sub-domain
4. I run validation and make sure everything is in order, check that the username/emailaddress doesn’t already exist, and check that the sub-domain hasn’t already been created.
5. I pass all of that on to whatever is the next page, here they choose a template idea, and it changes over the template, and automatically generates (using php), a logo for them, in a default fonttype, for the price you have offered me, I can only let them choose between 1-2 fonts for the logo, because that is the difficult part.
6. They are also allowed to choose the text they want, as well as any headers. on the next page, this is all put within the template, for them to view, then if they choose, there they can click make more changes or confirm, at that point everything is passed to paypal
7. (I NEED pricing information from you)
8. Here they pay, paypal clears it, I create the sub-domain and user account when paypal comes back with the information. At this point everything works out, and it’s all done with, they have there registered account. Then it will email them a link to the admin area, and there username and password for rememberance, then they can login, there they can edit a text only edit view, or an xhtml edit view, if I can make that happen, if it’s easy I will also allow them to do some minor editing to the css file at that point, like change font styles or something similar. I will also automatically generate the proper keywords for it to be search engine ready when I submit your site then, all sub-domains will start getting indexed as well, giving them an extra reason to do so.
Like isawesome or something.com do you want them to be able to have there own natural url associated with the one they picked, like show there’s on there sub-domain website, isreallyawesome.com ends up having that in there, if so I need to record there domain name as well.