Inserting YouTube embed link

ryan.od

How do I put a YouTube embed link into a db and then use php to put the code into the page html?

The issue is all the quotes. . .I'm not sure how to deal with them. Manually, I would just use \ to handle the internal quotes.

Any suggestions?

Here is an example: <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZ5Weo7Gqws"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZ5Weo7Gqws" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I want users to be able to insert these with a form, but when I try to pull them out of the db with PHP, I don't know how to deal with all the quotes.

Thanks.

When you do the insert use!

[code]mysql_real_escape_string ( $tube_html_data );[/code]

Then you don't have to worry about the quotes! But I would not insert all that html, I would only insert the unique data, then fill a generic html object template with that data!

me!

OK, that works. Unfortunately, it escapes all the quotes (great! PHP can handle them) and that is a problem when it is written in as HTML.

As such, I guess I need to escape everything so the PHP can read it, then 'unescape' everything when it is written in as HTML. Not sure how this can be done. . .

Thanks for your quick response.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.