PHP 4.3/Apache 2.0.44/PDFLIB Problem with POST vs. Get

wmkconn

I have recently had a very strange problem with POST not working but GET working fine. I had developed some script for printing out Bill of Ladings. The first screen was a pull down where the user selects which BOL he wants to print then the subsequent page (after hitting submit) was the dynamically created PDF file. This worked great on Apache 1.3 but not on Apache 2.0 until I switched my Form submit from POST to GET after that, everything worked fine.

I even tried using the superglobal to access the POST vars but this didn\'t work. The rest of the script saw the variables fine (verified with DIE($variable);) However, none of the variables send via POST were accessible within the PDF page. Trust me, I tried everything and nothing worked until I changed the method to GET then everything worked fine.

What the heck could be the problem. I don\'t need to use POST here, but down the road I may need to on some other script.

Please do not send any newbie responses.

- check in the httpd.conf configuration file for a restrictive POST setting

- crank up your php error reporting to see if gives you an error when you use POST

- check apache\'s error_log for anything regarding POST

- try $_POST[\'var_name\'] and $HTTP_POST_VARS[\'var_name\']

- were these compiled or pre-packaged?

I can access POST variables fine except within my PDF functions. I do not have problems when using Apache 1.3 but I do with Apache 2.0.44.

The weird thing is that any new variable that is dependent upon the POST variable will not work either although my IF conditional statements work fine based on the POST variable.

I did use the Superglobals as stated earlier (i.e. _POST and HTTP_POST_VARS) didn\'t change a thing.

Why would this only cause a problem withing the PDF functions and only when using APACHE 2.0

I have review my conf file but didn\'t see anything. Any suggestions on where to look?

All programs were precompiled Win32 binaries.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.