layout idea

Ninjakreborn

i personally don't care for any of them at all. besides, giving you a variety to choose from doesn't mean taking the exact same PSD and dropping color overlays on the background. if he's going to give you some options to choose from, make him actually design some different logos for you. if you want to get down to it, grayscale all the ones he sends you and see where the difference in [i]design[/i] is.

Well, it all depends on what you can afford to pay him, and what, if anything, he wants to be paid. If the numbers match up, then go for it - but make sure that you couldn't do better on your own. I know that I could reproduce any one of those products in The GIMP, given 15 or 20 minutes, and I'm no graphic designer. Make sure that he'll be able to provide something that's worth what you're paying for it.

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=110224.msg445229#msg445229 date=1159797482]
Ok, I will do that, post it here, get advice on it, and go from there.

Thanks so far.
[/quote]

you may want to double check with your designer to make sure they don't mind their work being critiqued by us, especially since they are a member of this forum as well.

This was something I did in a very short amount of time (talking like 15 minutes). I wasn't expecting this to be posted here but go ahead and critique what you want because I am by no means an expert on Graphic design and I know it -- this was literally my frist time using the program to do this kind of work, usually I draw a layout then move ahead.

[quote] I know that I could reproduce any one of those products in The GIMP, given 15 or 20 minutes, and I'm no graphic designer. [/quote] That's what I did, we're like twins :) :)

Let's keep this thread dedicated to critiques, please don't resolve your misunderstandings here. Thanks!

And businessman, I have one comment: In many (most?) circles, a person's wage or salary is extremely personal, and should not be discussed in public. I, personally, don't even like discussing my wage with my close friends, and would much less appreciate it if one of them decided to tell someone else about it. I think your mention of your associate's wage was rather inappropriate.

If your associate has no qualms about it being on the web, then I guess it's kinda ok... but keep that in mind, in the future. It's definitely one topic you want to handle with kid gloves.

I know, I don't normally do it, but if I say something about someone, or related to something I shouldn'y say.  Or get mean to someone, I would rather have a number there than what i said.  I normally get mad, or end up saying osmething I didn't want to say, I would ratehr have a number, than have my text.  And recently I was deleting ones, that I accidentally said stuff I shouldn't have, or was not the right thing to say, they removed that, so I can no longer do that.