Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaymc

Ajax - Refresh

I want to use Ajax to refresh an iframe on my site. I have never used Ajax before so I really am lost

looking for a script that will do it if someone can write one or has one already made

That would be great!

Thanks!

You don't need to use AJAX to refresh an iframe.  That's the whole point of using iframes... you can reload content in them without refreshing the entire page.

But if you still want to learn AJAX, check out www.ajaxfreaks.com and read through some of the tutorials.

I want the content to change without it reloading in META REFRESH style where it flickers. It also makes a little click noise aswell so I really do want to use AJAX for it

Ok... then I suggest you read through some tutorials or search the web for a framework that already exists.  No one here is going to write it for you or walk you through it step by step.

If you hack something together and can't get it to work, post it up and we'll help you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.