Can't stay logged in

Nope. It actually happened again a little while ago. Between the time I submitted a post, and the time I noticed a typo and clicked modify, it logged me out and gave me an error (paraphrasing cuz I didn't print screen it) about session being invalid or some such nonsense . . .

I haven't been able to stay logged into the site this week.  I always have the 'forever' option highlighted, but I have to log in every morning.  Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if I should clear my cookies.

Same.

Weird.  Are any of you keeping track of the cookies and what not being sent on the occasions when you get logged out?

Not very helpful, but I've been logged in for longer than I can remember on 4 different machines (and 6 browsers) without any problems.

The last two days have been fine for me.  The previous few (4-5) were when the logouts were occurring.  I haven't looked or touched my cookies (  ;D ), so I'm not sure what caused the stability to return.

Same here except for today I just got logged off at 12:30 EST.

One thing I have noticed is that when I first hit the page, I'm logged in. I can see all my stuff.

The first link I click on, I am logged out and have to log back in.

Yup, same with me.  Happened again this morning after seemingly fixing itself for a couple days.

Because not everyone is affected, I suspect that a failed log in causes the Current list of active users to be cleared/logged out...

The only thing I can see client side is that the 'phpfreaks_session' or the 'smfcookie913' cookie is being removed on the page request where you get logged out. Actually, manually deleting both of those cookies doesn't log you out.

And judging from the posts on the SMF forum about this ( http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=422543.0 ) , this might also be due to bot scripts trying to log on and are locking out the legitimate members when they visit the forum.

There should log entries concerning using up the alloted login attempts if this is what is occurring.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.