Social network project

tsm1248

Hey whats up guys. Iv been working on this little side project for about 2 weeks now about maybe 15 hrs total put in. I only have time for it on week ends so it's kind hard to fit it in during the week.

Here's a link check it out its on a home server its far from done and i still have aaaaaa LOOOt to do (it hurts just thinking about it); but its been a fun project so far...http://98.109.55.90:8888/

if anyone wants to help out that would be awesome and just message me or email me tsm1248@gmail.com

I really need a team to get this thing going a little faster

teyaaanks!

Awesome. BUT the problem with new social networks is that "None of my friends are here.." "Why do I want this?".. Think of this: WHAT can you offer a lonely man on that site? Cause people got to have a reason besides having an account on there... I would understand if there was a gaming community cause you want to talk to even people you dont know, because you know they play the same game as you.

*logging in to facebook.. aah*

I would agree with all the replies here.

it's going to be very hard for anyone to come up with a social networking site which is made for being social, as there is already facebook, and it's unlikely anything will better that. You need some sort of a hook, that will make people want to join and have some commonality between each other (a game, as already been suggested).

You may already have your hook, but as crmamx has just disliked (myself too), you need to sign up before you can see what's going on with it.

Hopefully you've got some information pages in the works so people know what they're signing up to, or even, to make people want to sign up.

I like the menu on the left though, works well :).

Denno

• 2 months later...

As a side not guys this project is far from done and is constantly being changed and only the base is complete if that. I am moving over to nginx and ajax push servers. We still have soo much to do. We have a hook but must remain quiet for now. Obviously i was brief for a reason. Right now its proof of concept ..does it work,,yes..ok just throw the code in and move on.. its like robotics you build it only to tear it down and repeat and learn more and more along the way allowing flexibility of decisions, take away and adding upgrading ect.

To expect a finale product would suggest poor reading ability. I am looking for a team not criticism or pointers, where they have no reason to be coming from.

The question is join the team learn the secrets ..in due time or just pass the offer up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.