Some help

fxuser

Hello,

i have a mysql query using LIKE .. so what i saw is that when i type % , < , \ , _ i can easily show all the results of the query..

what i want to do is when i type these in the input to replace them with ""

so what i have tried is :

$bad_symbols = array("/%/", "/_/", "/</");
$newvar = preg_replace($bad_symbols, " ", $to);

but just the first two seem to work , also how can i add the "\" in the array?

thanks

Someone with more experience may have another idea but can you use something like str_replace before you enter the variables into the query?

i have tried it but i get the same problem the "<" doesnt get replaced with " " and i cant put inside the array the "\".

Are you converting the text using html entities or anything?

i had a function that checks for my inputs and it seems it was strip_tags()

I just tested it and it does indeed work, as evidenced by the string before and after using str_replace on it. Did you bother to try it before deciding it wouldn't work?

i have tried a similar way before your response but i also tried what you posted and it seems the strip_tags() was the problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.