Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaellunsford

viewing source after javascript has changed it

How to view the source of a page as the browser sees it AFTER javascript has done all it's changes? This would help me troubleshoot stuff sooo much faster.

Thanks!

In firefox you can go "View" -> "Select All", then right-click somewhere on the page and click "View Selection". I think (not entirely sure) the source it shows you is how firefox sees it, or at least mostly how it does anyway.

Yeah it works. So in firefox press Ctrl+A (select all), right click and click on "View Selection Source".

Edit: You can use FireFox' DOM inspector too.

[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=110247.msg445393#msg445393 date=1159808946]
In firefox you can go "View" -> "Select All", then right-click somewhere on the page and click "View Selection". I think (not entirely sure) the source it shows you is how firefox sees it, or at least mostly how it does anyway.
[/quote]

Boo-yah! Now I can validate my javascript dynamic pages, too. This has been an increasing need with the javascript document.write of the <object> tag being forced upon us by the Eolas vs Microsoft law suit. Very very good news.

Thanks again!

There's also an developer add-on for IE that gives you a "view partial source" option.

It doesn't say it's for IE6, but it still works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.