Jquery Parallax effect

renegade44

Hey guys, I am building a site using the parallax effect to have some neat depth added to the background of the site. I was able to get it to look and act the way I want it to. You can see this here: http://www.glenhealy.com/clients/AArdvark_Future/

what Is happening is now when I want to go and add the website on top of this effect, It goes under the texture. This is because I have 3 images combining to make that one background image and I have them moving at different rates. Here is the code for 1 of the images:

$.scrollingParallax('images/back_three.png', {
    bgWidth : '100%',
    staticSpeed : .1,
	appendInFront : true

});                         

I have 1 background image, then 2 smaller images and in order to get them to show up correctly, I had to add the appendInFront, which I guess makes it so its in front of everything.

Has anyone worked with this before and perhaps have a better way of dsoing this?

Also, is there a suggestion for everything to load on the page, the way it loads now for about 5 seconds, it look out of whack and then falls into place. Im a rookie at Javascript, perhaps im doing something a little bulky?

Thanks for the help guys

Glen

OK, I was able to get the page to load as it should.

1 issue I am having is that Firefox is extremely choppy with the animation. I wonder if it is something I am doing/ not doing on my end, perhaps there is a better way to do what Im doing where it would be smoother? Anyone have any tips?

OK, I was able to get the page to load as it should.

1 issue I am having is that Firefox is extremely choppy with the animation. I wonder if it is something I am doing/ not doing on my end, perhaps there is a better way to do what Im doing where it would be smoother? Anyone have any tips?

Firefox can be a memory hog, be sure to completely shut down Fx and then restart it (check your processes, Fx memory leak can consume 55%+) and see if it improves. Otherwise, no ideas here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.