PHP5 and MySQL5

I can't get them to work together on WinXP:(

I'm trying to install phpmyadmin, but when I try to access the page I get the error
"phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation".

I've searched countless forums/help sites for a solution but so far I've come up with nothing.
I've uncommented the php_mysql.dll from php.ini, put libmysql.dll in system32, added the environment variables, even tried php_mysqli.dll in php.ini, but nothing works.

Any help at this point would be appreciated..

okay make sure there is not other libmysql.dll PHP may be finding.

So go to Start ? Search > All files and folders

Type in libmysql.dll

There should be no other instance libmysql.dll other than libmysql.dll being in the MySQL bin folder, in zip files or the your php folder. If you find any other instance of libmysql.dll in C:\WINDOW or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 either delete or rename them.

I have no Idea. Check that php is using the correct php.ini so create a new file called php.php then add the following:
[code=php:0]<?php
phpinfo();
?>[/code]

What does the [b]Configuration File (php.ini) Path[/b] line say? Is that correct path to the php.ini you're edting?

IIS is anothewr webserver. Why on earth would you want two different web servers on the same computer!

You can setup IIS and Apache on the same computer if you wish. However you'll have to setup IIS or Apache to use a different port. As by default they both use the same port which is port 80 (port 80 is the standard port for HTTP requests).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.