Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SieRobin

Help!

Ok I made DHTML Tooltips, the crappy part is, getting it to work within a PHP print.

If I use print, what's weird that happens is it re-writes out the variable after the link.

[code]print "<tr class='mainrow'><td><a href='forum.php?brd=$brd&msg=$thread3[ID]' class='tip' onmouseover=tooltip('$thread3['post']'); onmouseout=exit();>$thread3[title]</a></td>[/code]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/christopherobin/forum.jpg[/img]

If you can see, it's quite odd, how exactly can I fix this so it doesn't output like that?

probably need to escape those quotes inside your onmouseover

print "<tr class='mainrow'><td><a href='forum.php?brd=$brd&msg=$thread3[ID]' class='tip' onmouseover=tooltip('$thread3[\'post\']'); onmouseout=exit();>$thread3[title]</a></td>

PS> you  might have to double-escape them (but I don't think so)

Your print is not closed at the end '";'. also I would recommend you dot " . $var . ", or enclose {$var} your variables, also use quotes on array elements $var['element'] or $var ["element"]. I guess what I am saying, is be consistent in your coding habits!

me!

And please - use a more suitable Topic title next time - "Help" is what everybody is here for, such titles should be filtered...

print "<tr class='mainrow'><td><a href='forum.php?brd=$brd&msg=".$thread3['ID']."' class='tip' onmouseover=tooltip('".$thread3['post']."'); onmouseout=exit();>".$thread3['title']."</a></td>";

[quote author=alpine link=topic=110275.msg445523#msg445523 date=1159816623]
And please - use a more suitable Topic title next time - "Help" is what everybody is here for, such titles should be filtered...
[/quote]

If I would have put, "DHTML Tooltips" you still would have flamed me and told someone to bump it to a different category, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.