DTD explainations; help with a few questions regarding DTD

Minimeallolla

The rules for strict are stricter than the rules for transitional. Transitional will let more stuff slide, but this essentially allows for sloppy coding. A strict doctype enforces proper coding. As such, a strict doctype is preferred.

html isn't preferred over xhtml, it's a personal choice. They both do the same thing. However, that's not really a discussion for this thread, as it has already been debated at length in this thread: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/html-help/html-xhtml-any-difference/

What is better though, strict or transitional. Take hirering for example, if both people had the same qualifications (this is not the best example but ohwell) one person had fluent in strict html and the other had fluent in transitional, which would be looked at with higher qualifications if any? Which is the perferred one?

lol my bad, it was really late and I'm on a det laptop >.< well obviously pc is better than mac.. :D and I'm allergic to cats so there's  your answer but then it's up to decide which is a variable for which. In theory non is superiorer, they are both equal, balanced and is entirely based apon personal choice?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.