PHP & ASP environment

kid_drew

Ok, so let's skip the obvious question of "why the hell would you ever want to do this" and just understand that this is the situation that I'm in.  I am attempting to write a php script (because that's what I know) for a friend's project which is created with DotNetNuke, an ASP.NET environment.  I have created a PHP session and everything seems to work correctly unless the user logs into DotNetNuke, at which point the PHP session gets blown away.  Anyone know why an ASP.NET login would kill a PHP session?

Again, I know the setup is ridiculous and I should never be writing PHP scripts for an ASP environment.  Don't flame me...  ;D

I'd suggest asking this in an ASP board... as they probably know how sessions are handled in ASP.  It could be as simple as the fact that DotNetNuke creates it's own session, overwriting yours... which is more than likely the case.  I don't know how else you could get around that.  You may have to use cookies or hidden form variables to pass your data instead of sessions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.