Creating functions on the fly

Turbowaffle

I want to be able to intercept function calls that are to non-existent functions, and optionally create a function of that name. I want to do something like:

foo->getBar();

getBar doesn't exist, but I want to intercept the error generated to determine if I want to create the getBar function using the create_function or not.  I almost positive I read how to do this in PHP, but I can't seem to find it now.

why would there be non-existent functions called if you didn't mispell/misname them yourself?

I guess I'm just asking for a little more in depth scenario.
you say and error is returned and that only happens when the coder makes and error...most of the time

so I'm guessing you're trying to allow open source something

EDIT:
nevermind
I got beat

Very interesting article BTW...I feel so inspired now

Basically, I'm creating a wrapper that calls one of a dozen or so functions available through a CGI via different 'command' strings. So, rather than write a dozen functions, or something like foo->callCgiMethod(xyz), foo->xyz() will work if I add a check in _call to see if it's one of the availble commands and then create it. I could also go through the array and create_function each of them, but I figured it'd use fewer resources to just create the function I need. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.