block downloading files to local temp directory while viewing files online

zhq

Dear All,

The database I used is MySQL. I am trying to block user from downloading files to local temp directory while viewing a confidential document online. I don't know how to do it.  Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

zhq

NOt bang up on this but if you use this header...

header('Cache-Control: no-cache');

that will prevent the browser automatically cahcing the file - then you will need some magic to prevent the user saving the file - javascipt unfortunately so they could disable it. In that case use javascript to construct the page - that way they need it on to see it so you can then control them saving...

Dear All,

Sorry I am not quite clear about this becasue I am new to all the topic. Using "header('Cache-Control: no-cache')", the downloading to the temp directory can be blockbed. For blocking user to use the 'save as' function to save a PDF file, the java script has to be used. Am I right? Instead of using Java script, can PHP script work for this?

I need a clear drection so that I know how to start my work. Thanks.

zhq

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.