How can I get hard drives back into my RAID array?

tibberous

I have a Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 .

A couple hard drives got unplugged and now instead of a 4 disk array I have 2. This is MORE risky than not running RAID!

I plugged the drives back in, and it sees them, but it won't let me re-add them to the raid array. Even if the information on them is out of sync, I should be able to format over them and add them like a new drive, right?

ven if the information on them is out of sync, I should be able to format over them and add them like a new drive, right?

Correct. I would boot the server and get into the RAID controller configuration (should see a prompt when the controller is detected). Format the drives within the setup area. Restart the server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.