Files going...corrupt? Only in Chrome

Jbudone

Hey guys, I'm having a very odd problem with a website where some of my files seem to be going corrupt somehow after a while. This has happened with a couple files so far, one of my .css stylesheets, and a .js file. What happens is that Chrome seems to block them but automatically appending  style="display: none; visibility: hidden; " Disabled    to the end of the include. I've tried changing the text around on the inside, and even when theres NOTHING inside of the files, it still blocks them. I've tried renaming the files to something else, and it seems to load up just fine again. So then I create a blank file with the old name, and once again it gets blocked.

Has anybody else heard of this problem before? Do you know what could be going on? The weird thing is that everything was working perfectly fine, then it randomly started blocking the script SOMETIMES, and then eventually ALL the time. I'm completely baffled by this, as I didn't think something like this would be possible? 

well i am looking at your site now in both chrome and firefox, but i don't see what you mean.

When I inspect the source i can't see anything that is appending.

Could you maybe say for which file/code in specific this is? and what you see. It all looks fine to me from here really.

If you mean with include the php include() i can't ofcourse review that since its serverside, You probbaly mean the <link> tags in your head

let me know

edit, but if you look at your source by using view source its start at around  line 7 instead of line 1, this will trigger quirksmode in IE if i am correct so maybe try to start at line 1

Hmm this is weird, i am viewing it in chrome to, and when i inspect the element i don't see that stuff.

Do you get any symptoms? like stuff not working or anything? Here it looks the same as in firefox.

But i would really edit your file so that the <doctype start at line 1 right now it doesn't if you press the old school view source.

To the above i have no idea what it is, i don't see any visual difference

Seriously?  Wow, I wonder why mine is automatically blocking the script.. I hope this isn't affecting what I'm seeing on any other sites, but I guess thats okay in this case as long as its only me with these problems.

Thanks for the tip on changing the Doctype placement, I didn't notice that spacing above it =]

yeah that spacing is something that can really ruin your site.

But you are not experiencing any visual or functionality things are you? It just appends it according to the inspector right?

Not at all, the problem is that it was completely blocking the CSS and JS files.. So any stuff I had in the CSS file wouldn't even go through, and anything built into the JS script were being completely ignored. You should have seen a popup when you opened the page on that site, but for me I got no popup =[

Just to make sure, you haven’t installed any Ad blocker Extensions,

On whole though the only thing that springs to mind are your settings if it works on some people and not on others because Chrome Updates it's self (if you allow it)

Lol as soon as I read your comment, optioned, I was sure that must be the issue.. So I opened a new window in Incognito mode and, no go =[  the script still isn't activating. In fact, it seems to be continuing too!  My 3rd redo-script for one of my JS files has just gotten blocked by Chrome AGAIN! 

Am I really the only person out there experiencing these issues?  For the time being I'll be doing the bulk of my development over in Firefox instead I guess..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.