PHP-SOAP with non-standard Headers

senyahnoj

I'm trying to connect to a SOAP API using PHP-SOAP. The problem is that the API is not adhering to the SOAP standard entirely.

The SOAP Headers XML which the SOAP client needs to generate are as follows:

<SOAP-ENV:Header>
   <TargetVolume>foo</TargetVolume>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>

The problem is that the PHP SoapHeader class requires namespaces to be set for SOAP Header child elements (as in the standard). My code goes:

$ns = 'http://some.namespace.com';
$header = new SoapHeader($ns,'TargetVolume','foo');
$soapClient->__setHeaders($header);

which produces:

<SOAP-ENV:Header>
   <ns1:TargetVolume>foo</ns1:TargetVolume>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>

Unfortunately

1. the SOAP API I'm using doesn't accept the ns1 namespace - or any namespace :(

2. The SoapHeader constructor does not accept NULL as its first parameter

3. I can't change the API!

This is not a bug in PHP. See the discussion at http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31755 which details that it's invalid in SOAP to use a namespace here.

I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place with finding a work-around for this problem: to somehow get PHP-SOAP to send the required non-standard header to the API.

Can anybody help?

Solved - someone on another forum kindly gave me a work-around:

class XSoapClient extends SoapClient
{
    public function __doRequest($request, $location, $action, $version, $one_way = null)
    {
        $request = preg_replace('/ns1:TargetVolume/','TargetVolume',$request, -1);  
        return parent::__doRequest($request, $location, $action, $version, $one_way);
    }
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.