Laptop that best fits me.

bford21

Well I've think its about time I purchased a laptop but I want to make sure I get something that suits my needs. Hardware wise I am clueless so I need your help.

I'm looking for something under $700 and brand doesn't mean much. I'll be dual-booting Linux and most likely what ever shitty version of windows comes pre-installed. I'll be using it for programming, Photoshop, web surfing, screen recording, actually gaming and all the other little things you associate with general everyday computer use. I also would like something with good battery life and isn't ridiculously loud. So far I like the following two.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157533

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115984&cm_re=acer_laptop_i5-_-34-115-984-_-Product

Links and advise would be much appreciated. I need your expertise!

well for 700 dollars, you are not going to be able to play awesome new games. since a video card is pretty expensive. Certainly for a laptop. Depending on your grafical needs the laptops you showed looked pretty okay.

btw, why do you want a laptop. I hope you do know laptops are for more expensive than a desktops.

If you want an awesome laptop (and won the lottery) alien-ware has some nice ones :)

I got a toshiba satellite of ebay for $499, it has 6GB ram , Intel celeron 2.4Ghz processor and 250GB drive - a shite load better than my old desktop

..I sleep with my laptop, it sits in a little nook on the corner of my bed, when i wake up i just open it up without getting up - its a great way to start the day

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.