Best site(s) for free business web templates?

dmccabe

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before, but can anyone recommend any good sites for free business orientated web templates?

I have a site already using myBB, but I want to change the front page layouts and subsequent pages, but my design skills are nill.

I did try search the site first but unfortunately "templates" is a very common word on these forums :)

If it's for a business, i would ask someone to make it.

since "you never have a second chance to make a first impression"

Maybe ask a digital arts student. They are all poor and are happy to earn  some money which you should be able to earn back when it's an awesome looking site and the products you sell are good.

otherwise i think rocketthemes has some.

But as far as i can tell free templates pretty much always look the same. ugly

I agree with csscookie.  As a business, you want to avoid using free templates/designs.  That doesn't mean you have to do everything from the ground up.  You can of course build from existing frameworks like joomla, wordpress, etc... but as far as the look and feel, invest in having it custom made.  And if you come back with "but I don't have the money" then one has to question your products and services in general....

That is the equivalent of showing up to a prospective client in shorts and a tshirt instead of a suit and tie.  Or taking a prospective client out to burger king instead of a real restaurant.  The tried and true adage "You have to spend money to make money" applies even on the internet.  Nobody is going to feel safe and secure and think you are offering them solid products and services if you have some cheap prefab dime a dozen template.  People will see it and think it's yet another of the millions of knock-off-quick-buck-try-to-scam websites out there and run the other way. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.